Non-Gamecube Games that can be played with a Gamecube controller
I really like how a Gamecube controller fits in my hands, but since it doesn't have as many buttons as modern controllers(or even some controllers of the time)
It's hard to tell whether you can use it or not, I always wished there was a list somewhere that I could reference.
So I'm making it myself! This list will be in alphabetical order and will be updated whenever I try out a new game
A few notes
- Most(if not all) of these will be PC or Switch games, since I don't have a way to connect my Gamecube controller to anything else
- Feel free to send suggestions through the Guestbook or my neocities profile, if I already own it, I might try it out.
- You can also send games that you know work/don't work to me as well, which will be added to a Reader Submitted section
- Games will have a few levels
- Good Can be used with seemingly no drawbacks or missing features.
- Can Kinda
be used, with a few small missing features, which will be explained.
- Not Reccommended to be used, it's technically playable, but with an extremely reduced QOL.
- And Not Playable, where many core features are missing, which prevent you from reasonably finishing the game.
- I'll only be doing games that either have controller support built in, or have an easily accessible mod for controller support(E.g. The Pc port of Mass Effect, which was an Xbox game, but doesn't have controller support for some reason.)
- A few changes to key bindings will bump a game down to Kinda level, any more than that will be Not Reccommended, this is for how well it works out of the box.
Monster Sanctuary-Kinda: Mostly works, but since you don't have the select button you have to use the menu to get to the map, and you can't reorder your Monsters' skills.
Hollow Knight-Unknown This is a test